Can the size of your partner play a role?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Can the size of your partner play a role?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    youcrazywoman
    Participant

Just curious…

I had a relationship with someone for over 3 years, never had any issues during sex. Recently I met someone new and his penis is slightly larger than the one of my previous partner. When we have sex it HURTS. The only difference is his size, I mean, I’m sexually excited, we have enough foreplay, I’m madly in love with him, etc… all other factors are the same. I’ve talked about this with my best friend (she had a few one night stands) and she said she hates it when her partners are. ‘well equipped’. Can the size really trigger vaginismus?

mazemelissa

Size for sure can make a big difference!
    But the good news is that you can stretch to accommodate your bigger partner.
    We always encourage trying to dilate a little larger than your partner, so that he will be comfortable. I encourage my patients to measure their partner when erect, and then try to find a dilator or dildo that might be a little wider than they are. I am less concerned about length, the width is the more important.
    I would try to do some dilation exercises the week leading up to your next sexual encounter and see if that helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.