23 and vaginismus.

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General 23 and vaginismus.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    cfaye
    Participant

I am so turned off by sex due to the dilating. I don’t like that it’s such a procedure to even have painless sex. I hate that when the time comes I’ll have to “schedule” my intimate moments. So much infact, that I’m looking into getting my tubes tied so I don’t get pregnant.

Sorry for the lack of updates Dr. Pacik, I’m doing well and have no pain on #5 and #6. I always transition to 6 via #5 and there is no pain. If I try to do #6 by itself it hurts and is uncomfortable.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

If you have no pain with 5 and 6 why not try having sex the “normal” way, that is good foreplay, kissing, hugging, fun and skip the dilators. I don’t think you need them any longer. Please give us an update.

cfaye
    Participant

I’ve never even tried to have sex, because I’m so turned off due to having to dilate. I don’t even do it often any more. This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Sorry 🙁

Heather34
    Participant

Hi cfaye. I am so, so, so sorry for your struggles and what you are currently going through. Please know that I am here for you. In the first year post-procedure, I would always dilate in advance of intercourse as physically, I would feel more stretched and mentally, I associated this with experiencing no discomfort. It reached the point that both my husband and I became very tired of this though as we wanted to experience spontaneous intimacy (i.e. making love after coming back from a date). So, to overcome this hurdle, we started incorporating a vibrator into our foreplay prior to intercourse. This helped immensely as it took away the clinical feeling of dilating but I still was able to feel something inside of me as to prepare me for intercourse. It also was very fun to use this together and add this element to our foreplay.

I wanted to share one particular thread with you:

“Hi ladies. There is an excellent article posted concerning the new Lelo Liv vibrating dilator that is now available:
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/vaginismus-aids/lelo-liv-vibrating-dilator/
    Excerpts include:
    “We feel that the Lelo Liv is appropriate for our vaginismus patients and are very pleased with it design and quality. The reason I recommend a vibrating dilator to our vaginismus patients is that I feel that these vibrating dilators allow the muscles to be stretched while reducing stress and promoting relaxation, which can cause muscles elsewhere in the body to relax.”

There is also another interesting article concerning – The Role of the Vibrator for the Vaginismus Patient:
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-treatment-dr-peter-pacik/dilation/dilators-and-vibrators/

And, finally, most recently, Shelly of Crystal Delights has written the following:
    “Hi! This is Shellie from Crystal Delights, I wanted to just chime in for a minute on the idea of adding vibration to the glass dilators. You are absolutely ok to safely add vibration to the dilator, I tell people all the time to touch the vibrator to the glass and it will transfer the vibration. I don’t recommend that you find a vibrator that fits fully inside the dilator but touching it to the glass is just fine and as you have seen does add an entirely different sensation.” http://www.vaginismusmd.com/support/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=538

Please, please know that I am here for you and send my support always.

cfaye
    Participant

Vibrators don’t do anything for me during dilating. It just makes it worse, I feel. It’s like I’m being teased and not in a good way.

I’m just not going to bother any more.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi cfaye. I am so, so sorry for your struggles. I wish so much that I could take this pain and frustration that you are experiencing away. I want you to sincerely know that I am here for you 100%.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.