dilation routine

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Superiorblue
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply! I can’t tell you how good it feels to find a place where people are talking freely about this issue.

I intend to go to my doctor with a list of all possible conditions and force her to test me for all of them. It’s awkward because referrals take so long (I live in the UK and god bless our NHS but effective treatment for these types of problems isn’t as readily available as it should be) and I’ve been so frequently dismissed because of my age (19). I assume it’s vaginismus, but only because my symptoms have worsened in a way that is consistent with the ‘vaginismus cycle’ (having sex that causes slight pain which then reinforces the idea of pain the next time you have sex, and the muscles tighten), but I’m trying to keep an open mind.

I want to pretty much post everything on here. If I’m able to eventually get sorted, nothing would make me happier than being able to post a success story on here, even if it only helps one other person- that would mean the absolute world. 🙂

What you are describing does not sound like typical vaginismus pain. I would definitely recommend an evaluation with your gyn provider just to make sure nothing else is going on.

recessivegenequeen
    recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I’m glad you’re going to get yourself looked at! The NHS seems very frustrating, but given what Cathleen says, it’s very important to know what’s actually going on so you can take the right steps.

Please do let us know how it all goes! We have faith in you.

Sks823
    Sks823
    Participant

Hey Superiorblue, just wanted to echo recessivegenequeen’s support and Cathleen’s advice too! I am very impressed at how proactive you are about this issue – your age and your knowledge about vaginismus & about your personal issue is very impressive. I think that your determination to fix your problem and your pro-activity to find out more will definitely help you get through this!

I agree that it’s great that this forum is out there and a GREAT way to get advice, support, etc.! Good luck with NHS and keep us updated when you get your appointment!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.