The Use of Vaginal Dilators to Treat Vaginismus After Menopause

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Menopausal Vaginismus The Use of Vaginal Dilators to Treat Vaginismus After Menopause

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent article regarding the use of vaginal dilators to treat vaginismus after menopause:

http://www.vibrantnation.com/love-sex/sexual-health/use-vaginal-dilators-to-treat-dyspareunia-vaginismus-and-painful-sex-after-menopause/

Excerpts from the article include:

“One VibrantNation.com member wrote about her success using vaginal dilators. She said: ‘Ultimately my husband could actually fit again. At first it hurt and just inserting his penis was enough. Then when we began having sex, we changed positions. He was on his side and I was on my back, our legs intertwined. That position hurt a lot less than others and then after a month or so of actual sex, it didn’t hurt at all.’ Sex after 50 can be one of life’s great pleasures. If you want to experience sexual intercourse but it seems too painful to enjoy (or even attempt), follow the lead of other women over 50 and either ask your doctor about vaginal dilators, or try them on your own.”

Recently, there was a reference to the Pacik glass dilators available at:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=703.0#postid-3428

This thread contains patient testimonials as well as information about the differences between the glass v. pure romance dilators.

I welcome your comments and feedback here after reading the article and concerning your own experiences as they would be very, very helpful for future patients and other women experiencing menopausal vaginismus. Did you use the glass or the pure romance dilators? Which would you recommend and why?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.