The day finally came :)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories The day finally came :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Meghan
    Participant

I waited and even dreamt about the day when I would be able to write this post, and to say these words….. Almost a year after my procedure and 2 days before our 5 year anniversary, my husband and I officially consummated our marriage. We were able to have full penetration… It was tough, to keep going with the dilation and physical therapy over and over for a year, and wonder if it was ever going to happen. But God wanted to teach me patience and had perfect timing in mind, so I kept going, hoping and praying that if I keep up the dilating and good work that some day, I would get there. When that time came, a rush of emotion spread over me, it felt like a 90 ton weight had been lifted off of me, and I cried and laughed and rejoiced for a couple hours straight! (Actually I am still doing it now, and don’t know that I’ll ever stop:) It was painful still, but it was POSSIBLE!!! I can work with that! It’s gotten already better and better each time we do it, and I trust ONE day I might even enjoy it 🙂 But for now, I am just so mentally and emotionally relieved to know I can do this, it’s possible, I’m a woman, and I OVERCAME something that I honestly never thought was possible for me. I DID THIS! Dr. Pacik WE did this 🙂 And I can’t thank you enough. For being there, for standing by me, for giving my husband and I the greatest gift in the world. I am forever indebted. And for those of you out there that are struggling…. please…. know there is hope, I was there, I know exactly what you are feeling. If I can do this, YOU can do this… It’s worth it, keep going forward, even if it feels fruitless, you never know when you will be surprised with the reward 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

I absolutely LOVE your post Meghan and am so, so, so happy for you!!!! Huge CONGRATS to you and your hubby!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.