Tampons, Lubricant, and More

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Tampons, Lubricant, and More

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SaraJean
    Participant

This is such a wonderful story SaraJean. Huge, huge congrats. :):):)

kelseroo
    Participant

I love using natural oils as lubricant! They are the best. I use Coconut oil, this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EO5Q64/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
    I love it.
    So happy to hear your progress! I just had my procedure 5 days ago, and I am trying to stay patient with the dilating. I want to move faster than I am. I am so worried that if I don’t have intercourse before the Botox wears off, then I will never be able to. Do you worry about that too?

Becca
    Participant

First of all, congrats on using the tampons, SaraJean! That would be very exciting! 🙂 I had my procedure in February and have had successful penetration with my husband but the idea of tampons still freak me out. I worry they would be uncomfortable to take back out? And I worry about my period not being heavy enough to use them successfully. Does that even make sense?

And Kelseroo, I think we all have that fear about the botox wearing off and going back to the way we used to be. I know that I’m a little anxious because I am at 2 1/2 months post procedure and still thinking about when it will wear off too. But, from what most women post on here as long as we keep up the work on our end, the results will be long lasting. 🙂

KatieG07
    Participant

Hello!
    Great tampon story SaraJean. I bet I’ll be in your shoes too. I can wear very slim ones sometimes yet it takes 1/2 a box before I can wear one comfortably. That one time I did get one in successfully I wanted to have a party in the bathroom. (mind you I had two huge boxes in my suitcase since I knew I’d go through 10 tampons before inserting one.) My husband and I were in Puerto Rico on a mini vacation with a bunch of his coworkers and their wives so I was determined to go swimming in the ocean and pool with them (I mean come on who wouldn’t. The hotel had a lovely swim up bar & you couldn’t pass that up with friends) I wasn’t going to be the lame wife who sat out of the swimming in the hot weather. The whole time I had the tampon in and we were sitting on the beach so many thoughts ran through my head. I just kept thinking the worst was going to happen. Was it going to fall out? What if I had to change it could I get a new one in? If I go in the pool would I start leaking? Would I be able to get it out after? Or would it be in to long? All these awful reasons were going through my head. Which I know is probably normal for someone with a fear of wearing them like us. I’m glad I am not alone. Personally I want to wear them rather then pads. I hear they are more comfortable. It’s such a big first step. Start little and work your way up. I know I will and I did that day in the hotel came out of the bathroom with a big smile on my face 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

This is such a wonderful story SaraJean. Huge, huge congrats. :):):)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.