Successful Sex After Botox Appointment!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Successful Sex After Botox Appointment!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sara_7
    Participant

In high school, I could never use tampons. I didn’t think too much of it, I just figured when the time came for me to have sex that would happen naturally. My now husband and I both wanted to wait until marriage to have sex (a decision we are still happy we made) but we learned on our honeymoon something was definitely wrong. I expected to go into our wedding night unable to have sex because “everyone’s first time hurts” but after a few weeks of marriage, we were still unable to have intercourse at all and I was devastated. We had read about Maze Women’s Health in New York but didn’t think it was worth the travel and expense when I had read you can be cured by dilating and physical therapy alone (which some people surely can, I just wasn’t one of them). So I spent a little over a year of marriage going to many OBGYNs who were no help, went to a pelvic floor physical therapist (which helped me mentally and emotionally but I still wasn’t making great progress physically) and could eventually only consistently dilate with size 1 out of 8 dilators. After a year of sadness, we read all the success stories from Maze and decided to go for it. It was the best decision we made, and I only regret not having done it sooner. While asleep, they injected lidocaine and botox inside me, internally worked on my trigger points, and even cut my hymen at my request. I woke up from the procedure with the biggest size dilator in me with no pain or anxiety. I practiced moving it in and out and then went home with size 4 out of 6 in me. I followed the dilating schedule that was given to me very strictly (which is CRUCIAL for success, Botox alone is not what cures you) but 3 weeks later I had intercourse with my husband with no pain. It was a little bit uncomfortable just at the entry but once it was in, we were fine. Since then, we have continued to have intercourse and I can hardly believe it. I am still following the dilating schedule, but I am SO happy now. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and my husband is so happy too. I will never be able to thank Melissa and her team at Maze enough for giving me the gift of painless intercourse, which in turn has also given me so much more confidence and peace with myself.

Sks823
    Participant

Sara_7,

What an AMAZING POST! This made me so happy to read. I’m so ecstatic for you and your husband. Welcome to the rest of your life without that HUGE weight on your shoulder! I’m so glad that you went to Maze and took all those steps (which take time and courage and commitment) to overcome your vaginismus! 🙂

Painless intercourse IS a gift that changes our lives, which is why I still post on this forum after overcoming my vaginismus with Maze’s help almost 3 years ago!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Sara, thanks so much for sharing your story! I had the botox procedure at Maze and it was much the same as you described. I couldn’t believe they were able to take away so much of my pain and give me a newfound confidence in myself. I’m so glad you have found relief and are able to share this with your husband!

Thanks so much for sharing your success story, Sara! And Sks823 and recessivegenequeen, thanks so much for continuing to post here and offer support to women who are in the midst of treatment for vaginismus…Or, are contemplating beginning their treatment. It’s success stories like these that fuel hope for many women suffering from vaginismus.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.