success day 22, cant believe it!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories success day 22, cant believe it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sofi
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Last night on day 22 post-treatment I was finally able to have 100% pain free intercourse!

I dilating beforehand for 20 minutes with purple and 40 minutes with pink. I left the pink in during foreplay and only took it out right when we were ready to try. This was our first time trying and we were going to do tip-only as advised, but then the rest just kind of slipped in without much effort. We tried in the missionary position first because that’s how I’d been using the dilators and I thought the eye-contact would be comforting. My legs were a little tense so then we moved so that I was on the edge of the bed and he was standing, and that worked better. We were able to do some slow thrusting and it was enough for my partner to reach completion. For the first time in the 4 years we’ve been together, we actually had sex and it didn’t hurt!

For all the future patients out there, I would just like to say, don’t give up and don’t be too hard on yourself. Since leaving NH, I have not been able to sleep with the dilators. It took me a week to progress from using the small blue/purple to using the purple/pink, and I still have not been able to use the big blue fully. I had my moments of worry, doubt and self-blame- but just remember that your progress is unique to you and don’t put too much pressure on yourself to follow a timeline.

Looking forward to doing some more practicing and experimenting now that the initial fear is gone …. Thank you Dr. Pacik, couldn’t have done it without you!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I’m always touched when I read these “first time” posts. These are monumental moments. I’m especially thrilled because I know the concerns when there is difficulty progressing to the large blue #6 dilator. Some of my patients are not able to progress to the large dilator yet have comfortable intercourse. The lesson here is that after dilating for about an hour, the muscles are stretched enough to be comfortable even without advancing to the largest dilator. Congratulations Sofi!

Heather34
    Participant

Congratulations Sofi! This was so wonderful to read!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.