Scared,Depressed and Feeling of Beling alone

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Scared,Depressed and Feeling of Beling alone

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ezralopez
    Participant

hi ezra here. I am married but we haven’t had actual intercourse yet. I fear the pain that i might go through and i feel that i have a small vaginal opening compared to other women. There where times when me and my husband tried the act but i seem tensed. Good thing I have a very understanding husband that supports me and patiently waits for me to heal or to be ready. Is this considered vaginismus too? I feel so depressed at times coz i don’t have someone to talk to that will understand the situation I am in. Please help me 😞

Sks823
    Participant

Ezralopez,

I posted this after your other post but it does sound like it may be vaginismus (which is VERY curable)! Have you seen a doctor to rule out anything else/see if you’re healthy down there? Have you had any vaginal exams? Are you able to wear tampons at all?

I’m so glad that your husband is understanding. We also have a great community here in the forum and can help you with anything from seeking help, using dilators, trying botox procedures, transitioning to sex, and any other daily questions! You can even just come here to vent! Vaginismus can be very lonely and isolating, so this forum gives you lots of (virtual) friends that can understand exactly what you’re going through 🙂 Personally, I went to Maze Women’s Health Clinic in NYC and used dilators of increasing size to overcome my vaginismus.

If you’re looking to take action, you can search pelvic floor therapists in your area, or search other women’s health centers that specialize in vaginismus (like Maze)!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.