Recipe for Overcoming Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Recipe for Overcoming Vaginismus

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I think the forum is an excellent place to be able to discuss vaginismus in a private and confidential setting. Pre-procedure, I remember not talking about it in any form and never disclosing it to even my closest friends and family. Post-procedure and with the creation of the forum, I hope to be able to help everyone out there as much as I can so you don’t have to suffer with this condition in silence as I did and you can have a community of support. Furthermore, the more that everyone posts and begins to talk about vaginismus, the more physicians and clinicians will learn and understand about the intricacies of the condition which will lead to faster and more uniform methods of treatment. For those new members to the forum and for those of you who are thinking of posting for the first time, I would love you to introduce yourself and post and I welcome you in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

For those who have overcome vaginismus, I think a very fun thread would be creating our own personal recipes for how we did this. Make sure to include all of the ingredients, quantities, and most importantly – the instructions!!! I think it will be interesting to compare and contrast what ingredients were most important to us and will also help future patients awaiting treatment.

My recipe for overcoming vaginismus
    1 patient diagnosed with vaginismus
    1 incredibly supportive husband who has stood by my side throughout everything
    1 amazing doctor who specializes in treating vaginismus
    1 exceptional treatment team
    1 life-changing procedure
    1 supportive roommate during the procedure days
    1 set of colored dilators
    6 teaspoons of compassion
    1 cup of knowledge
    2 teaspoons of education
    1 pound of patience
    1 cup of laughter
    1 ½ teaspoons of awareness
    1 ¾ cups of communication
    8 tablespoons of listening
    2 cups of understanding
    3 dashes of confidence

Mix all ingredients into a skillet. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Season with the use of daily dilating logs, sex education, and a tremendous amount of support. Remove from stove. Let mixture cool. Pour into large platter. Serve with a smile and lots of love.

Recipe yields: a lifetime of love, a healthy sexual relationship, and healthy self-esteem per patient!!!

Diana
    Participant

Agreed, thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, knowledge and time with this very special community.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.