Question regarding vaginal muscle tone

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Question regarding vaginal muscle tone

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bosox2004
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I have a question that I figured I’d post on the forum to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing:

I’ve noticed that whenever my husband and I have sex, after the initial stretching, it almost feels like my vagina goes numb and I can barely feel him inside of me. I also have noticed that during sex it seems like I get extremely loose and lose all tightness/muscle tone; I asked my husband this morning after sex if he’s noticed it and he said “YES, you feel very loose.”. Is this normal? It seems so strange to me because my husband is VERY large and he is penetrating me deeply but I can barely feel anything; I don’t even feel him come inside of me. My gyno has suggested I dilate with Glass #8 to get a deeper stretch for my husband but I’m hesitant to order one due to this issue. Will it make my vagina lose even more muscle tone?

I hope someone else has experienced this and can provide some insight!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi bosox2004. This is a great question. In the immediate days/weeks post-procedure, I always dilated with the largest size pure romance dilator for a long period of time and also used tons of lube prior to intercourse. In doing this, my hubby did notice that I felt a bit loose/more open. I addressed this with Dr. Pacik and Ellen and they suggested decreasing the time that I dilated prior as well as the size of the dilator and also the amount of lubricant. I did this and it worked wonders for us and my hubby noticed the difference right away. I hope this helps. I would definitely send Dr. Pacik or Ellen an e-mail to hear their thoughts here as well. Ladies, do you have any additional thoughts here?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.