Post-procedure Dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Post-procedure Dilating

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I just passed the year mark following my Botox treatment for vaginismus. I continued to dilate regularly throughout the entire year … only taking a short break following a medical procedure. I slept with the pink dilator every other night and dilated with blue for a couple of hours around 3-4 times per week. I just recently stopped dilating all-together and will only do this now prior to ob/gyn exams or if I ever feel any tightness/pain with intercourse. I have never experienced pain with any insertion (dilating, intercourse, ob/gyn exams) after I woke up from the procedure with the largest dilator in place and, as I’ve said before, I think this flipped a switch for me as I knew something was inside of me (pain-free). For the veterans reading this (1+ years post-procedure), have you ever experienced any problems after stopping dilating?

Diana
    Participant

Hi Heather, I had my procedure 10 months ago and have not experienced any problems when I have stopped dilating for about a week any other month. I too, try to sleep with the pink dilator 3 to 4 days a week and this has been sufficient to keep a healthy and painless sex life. I even had a couple of OB/GYN exams without any prior dilation and had no trouble with having the speculums getting right in position. Yeah!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.