Podcast About Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Podcast About Vaginismus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NoaDaphne
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Noa and I just joined the forum — it’s really great to see such a supportive community online.

I wanted to share my new podcast, Tight Lipped, which is a storytelling podcast that focuses on vaginismus, vulvodynia, and other female chronic pain conditions that carry with them a social stigma and often impact mental health, identity and intimate relationships. The first episode is about my own experiences with the shame, silence and secrecy associated with vaginal pain and painful intercourse. I hope you’ll listen and be able to relate to my story ( :

We’re working on the next couple of episodes right now — if you’re interested in getting in touch or sharing your story feel free to reach out here or email me at tightlippedpod@gmail.com. I hope to connect with any of you who are interested!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Noa! Very exciting to hear about your podcast! Where can we find it to listen to? And what kind of stories are you looking to tell?

Congrats on launching a creative endeavor and we’re so glad you’re doing the work of spreading awareness about sexual pain disorders to so many people who might not know about them! Our lives all get easier when more people can empathize with our struggle – keep it up!

Sks823
    Participant

Noa,

I’ll give your podcast a listen, I found the trailer and an episode on the podcast app I use (Castbox)! Thanks for spreading awareness – it will definitely help normalize the conversation and could help inform someone who has no idea if something is wrong with them due to their pain from intercourse!

NoaDaphne
    Participant

Thanks so much for listening!

If you look at my original post, you can scroll over & click on “Tight Lipped” or “first episode” and it will take you to the podcast. You can also find the podcast on iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Radio Public, SoundCloud, or the Tight Lipped Podcast website — I’m linking to a few of those places here:

Apple Podcasts
    SoundCloud
    Tight Lipped Podcast Website

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Thanks for passing that along, Noa! It’s really great to have a growing collection of resources out there to help people learn more about and process their vaginismus!

Sks823
    Participant

NoaDaphne,

I listened to the first episode yesterday. Wow it was soooooooo relatable. (As I realized after going to Maze in NYC and after viewing this forum, we truly are NOT alone and everyone’s stories have so many similarities!)

I loved when you described how you felt when your roommate/(co-host) started casually discussing her other friend who was unable to have sex – shock, excitement. And then your feelings of relief when you actually had a name for what was likely the issue, “vaginismus,” which helped you to open up and discuss your issue with friends and family! It’s so true – saying “for some weird reason I have this issue where sex hurts / is impossible” is kinda more embarrassing and harder to admit than “I have something called vaginismus that makes sex painful because the muscles around my vagina involuntarily spasm etc. etc.”

And just knowing that there’s a name for it, i.e. others experience this also and the medical community (for the most part) is aware of this, makes it much less embarrassing (“there’s something wrong with ME and ONLY ME”) and less lonely.

Also, the interview with your boyfriend was cute. 🙂

Looking forward to more episodes and hopefully your podcast will reach others who don’t yet have a name for why they can’t have sex – and cause them to have those same feelings of relief and excitement!

Noa, I don’t know if you talk more about this in future episodes but have you ever seeked treatment (dilation or botox)?

Cheers!

Sks823
    Participant

Also I’ll give your podcast a follow on social media!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Noa – I just listened to the podcast! I loved how you integrated so many voices into your first episode and also got at a core experience that so many of us with Vaginismus all seem to deal with. Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing more episodes!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.