Plan for Dilating??

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Plan for Dilating??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sadboi
    Participant

Hi !

I’m new to the forum. I’m about to purchase the pure romance dilator set and I just want to know if what I have in mind for a plan in the best idea. I have read that you should use the dilstors consistently , like every single day. And that you should move up sizes as soon as you feel pretty comfortable with one . I’ve also read that you should keep it in 20-30 minute but others say they sleep with them in. I’m just looking for routine/ plan suggestions & advice!

Welcome to the forum! As far as dilating goes, I recommend using the dilators for about 10 minutes each night, and I have patients move up in sizes as they are comfortable, usually they will spend a week on each size. It is important to be consistent, try to use those dilators each night. When you go to move up in size, use the dilator you had been working with for the past week for a few minutes before attempting the next size. And use plenty of lubrication! I hope that helps, keep us posted on your progress. Good luck!

Sks823
    Participant

I dilated for 10-15 minutes each night (or 4-5 times a week, but daily is better) and moved up in sizes every couple/few weeks.

As for tips with dilating, I’d say to be consistent and don’t get discouraged even if you’re not moving as quickly through the dilators as you’d like! I went at a slow and steady pace with the dilators and it worked for me.

Watching TV while dilating also helped me relax a bit and not solely concentrate on the dilating/pain. When I moved up in dilator size and had discomfort, I would do deep breathing exercises and insert it for the first time veeeeeeeeeery slowly, which caused little to no discomfort. Once I got it in (and moved it side-to-side and up and down), it was much easier for me to take it out and re-insert it at a faster pace. Inserting and re-inserting the dilators a few times definitely helps get used to the feeling (in my opinion more useful than just leaving it in for a while).

Also, I’ve tried a couple different lubricants and I like coconut oil the best. Don’t forget to use as much lubricant as you need!

LASTLY, you can consider buying a vibrator to use concurrently to help you with some discomfort. 🙂

Good luck & keep us updated!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.