New Maze Blog: Menopause Doesn’t Have to Ruin Your Sex Life

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Menopausal Vaginismus New Maze Blog: Menopause Doesn’t Have to Ruin Your Sex Life

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. Bat Sheva Marcus recently wrote an excellent article concerning sex and menopause:

//mazewomenshealth.com/blog/2016/02/24/8289/

Excerpts from the article include:

“Women who have sexual problems during menopause typically experience them in one of the following categories:
    • “I don’t feel desirable anymore”
    • “I’m not interested in sex anymore”
    • “Intercourse is painful”

Here’s my advice: If you are feeling a little “off,” during peri-menopause or menopause, stick it out for a few months and see if things re-align themselves. Sometimes, for some women, they do. If the problems persist for more than two-to-three months, or if the problems don’t feel manageable, seek help from a medical professional.

You know that at Maze Women’s Sexual Health we think sex is important and can have a profound influence on our lives and relationships. And, as usual, my message is don’t give up until you get the help you need. It’s available. You just have to find it.”

I encourage you to read it and welcome your comments and feedback here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.