New Blog: The GYN Exam: Fear of the Dreaded Speculum

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure New Blog: The GYN Exam: Fear of the Dreaded Speculum

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new blog posted that discusses the GYN Exam post-procedure:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/the-gyn-exam-fear-of-the-dreaded-speculum/

Excerpts include:
    “It may seem impossible but patients who have been treated with the Botox program are able to have success with a GYN exam. One of our patients wrote a story, titled “Dreaded GYN Exam” that describes this woman’s experience with her GYN exam post-procedure. An excerpt of this story follows: ‘Now it was time for my exam, usually at this point I am sweating, panicked and so filled with anxiety that I can’t relax and just cry. Today, I was talking to my doctor as she inserted the speculum and in a matter of seconds my pap smear was complete! She gave me a big hug and said that I did very well.’”

I would encourage you to read this important new blog and would welcome your comments and feedback here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.