New Blog: Getting Unstuck Post Botox Treatment for Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure New Blog: Getting Unstuck Post Botox Treatment for Vaginismus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new blog posted that describes how easy it is to sometimes get stuck post botox treatment for vaginismus and means of getting unstuck.

Excerpts include:

“Don’t get too comfortable with certain size dilators. Dilation is progressive. Only by using larger dilators for longer periods of time will you adequately stretch the vaginal muscles to have comfortable intercourse.”

“Take the lead and experiment using a variety of positions to dilate, make it fun, and make sure you move towards the larger dilators. Once the Botox is working, and the muscles are getting dilated, it is actually very easy to move ahead stretching the vaginal muscles.”

“Patient after patient writes how surprised they are when they transitioned to intercourse and how comfortable they are having intercourse with their loved one!”

A patient writes two months post Botox treatment for vaginismus:

“I honestly still can’t believe how much my life has changed. I’m about two months post-procedure now. My boyfriend and I have had sex a bunch of times now and it’s still hard to wrap my brain around. I really have minimal if any anxiety when we have sex, which is surprising because I always thought it would be my biggest obstacle. One time, we were even able to be a bit more spontaneous than we had been since I got the procedure and ended up having sex a couple of hours after dilating. I was nervous he wouldn’t be able to enter, but it wasn’t a problem! Tonight after dilating, we even tried a new position for the first time!! I just want to say this procedure changed my life and is without a doubt the best decision I ever made!”

Ladies, if you were ever stuck post-procedure, how did you become unstuck and move forward. What tips and suggestions do you have for others???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.