My dialater is getting stuck!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus My dialater is getting stuck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LoriB7
    Participant

I started out with a set of dialaters that are smooth plastic. I got up to one that the circumference is 4 inches. I got along very well but when I moved up to the 5 inch circumference I haven’t been able to get past the vaginal opening. I decided to see if I could find one that was in the middle. I found one that is Silicone that is 4.6 in circumference. I can get it in about half way but with loads of lubrication I can’t move it around and when I try to move it in and out it sticks and is very painful to remove. Does anyone have any advice?

Heather
    Participant

Hello and welcome to the forum! Are you using a silicone based lube with your silicone dilator? This will eat up your dilator! It may also be drying up your lube quickly. The right lube was key for me when I was dilating. It’s good to find a lube that lasts a long time so it doesn’t dry up on you too quickly and cause the dilator to be difficult to pull out! Been there, done that, and I feel your pain! I think playing around with lubes could help you a lot! Let us know how you make out! I hope this helps!!

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi LoriB7,
    In addition to Heather’s wonderful comment I think it’s great that you found an in between dilator to use. How has dilation been for you since you posted? Understanding that dilation is a process and working with each dilator daily for around a week or so is key. Sometimes it’s helpful to warm up with a size smaller and then insert the larger one. Also, the dilator that you are currently working with may not feel comfortable until you move up in size. You will get there – it’s a process. Try to be gentle with yourself as you move through.
    Helen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.