Marijuana – the cure for vaginismus?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Marijuana – the cure for vaginismus?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zakaria
    Participant

I’ve been struggling with vaginismus for the past 8 years. I was always able to achieve penetration but it was extremely painful and made my sex life pretty terrible. On top of that, I have a low cervix that makes deep or mid penetration unbearable, and a low low libido, possibly caused by birth control or my various sexual dysfunction problems.A year or so ago, I finally went to see a doctor about it and was officially diagnosed. I bought a dilator kit, which helped things a little but sex was still a (less) painful, tense ordeal and again, dilators did not help my low libido or low cervix issues.

Well, I think I found the cure for all of this. I had never smoked anything before but my boyfriend suggested we try cannabis (http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/super-cheese/). I kid you not, this may have actually changed my life forever! I finally got to experience how sex must feel for everyone else. I was 100% into it, and penetration was EXTREMELY easy. Depth was NO problem whatsoever. I’m not sure if this means my tensing was causing the low cervix pain, or what, but it is actually amazing how different sex is after smoking. Oh, and what’s more, it also gets rid of your gag reflex completely.

Hello Zakaria,

That is great to hear! I think you are right that you may have been tensing up and the marijuana probably took away some of that anxiety and inhibitions and allowed you to enjoy a positive sexual experience.

Sks823
    Participant

Zakaria,

Sorry to hear about your struggle but I’m soooo glad you found something that works for you!

Cheers to an improved sex life!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Zakaria, tbanks so much for sharing your experience here! This is really interesting, especially because a lot of us at some point in our vaginismus journeys get told to “just relax” as a way of combating our spasming and pain and often it’s a frustrating red herring along the way, but it actually worked for you! I suspect it’s because for some of us, the biggest problem is in severing the connection in the brain between sex and pain – the botox treatment that Maze performs largely works because it lets you see that your vagina is normal by waking up with a dilator inside you, thus telling your brain that it’s wrong about you being unable to have sex and thus allowing you to open yourself to the possibility of healing. The marijuana seems to have taken away the fear and pain associated with sex and let you actually enjoy the experience, which is incredible! I hope this continues to work for you while you work toward a better sex life and that other women see this and are able to use it as an alternative treatment for their vaginismus as well!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.