London Botox

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Lolli1986
    Participant

Hi there ,

I’m almost 32 and suffer with vaginismus which I first discovered around 22. I have gone to therapy for it and used the dilators etc but nothing has been successful. Sometimes it works (but always extremely painful) and I can only stick it out for about 2 mins and then have to stop. Iv heard about the botox available in London and was wondering if anyone had more information on this and advice on the best clinic. I am from Ireland so I would have to travel to the UK for treatment so just need some information from someone who has gone through it all.

Hope to hear from you soon 🤗

ames93
    Participant

Hi Chloe,

The information and experience you have shared has already helped me feel more encouraged to persevere with my own vaginismus woes, so thank you! And congratulations to you, I can only imagine how amazing you must feel!

I am only a couple of years older than you, and I’m now at the stage in my Vaginismus “journey” (that word always makes me cringe!) where I am considering looking into Botox treatment, as I have tried seemingly everything else. Did you see Dr Eskander at The Gynae Centre in London? And were you happy with your overall experience there? One of my main concerns is not being made to feel at ease at any point.

How are you finding penetration a few months on? Are you pleased with the results still?

Thank you again for sharing 🙂 xx

motheroftwo
    Participant

The Gynae Clinic in London offers a hymen operation too. Would that be a good idea to have done at the same time as the botox do you think?
    Chloe Morris – thank you for your input. It has been really helpful. Can I take it you can recommend the clinic in London? I am trying to gather the information before letting my daughter’s know of this possible ‘cure’. I don’t want to get their hopes up after many years of feeling like ‘nothing worked’. They have met great partners in their lives but the relationships have always failed due to this condition. This would be such a great gift to offer them – the hope of success and the possibility of them having what they would so love, a normal sex life and relationship.

mazemelissa

Hymenotomy procedure with the Botox procedure can be very helpful for women who have a thick or high hymen that could be also getting in the way of pain free penetration.

I think if it is an option to have during the procedure, I would discuss it with the surgeon.

Melissa

Aliyat
    Participant

Thank you Sks! I keep trying.

I must have mentioned in the past that Emily Nagoski’s (lecturer on women’s sexuality, PhD in health behaviour) book Come as you are helped me a lot to clarify many questions to myself. I would like to share a small para from the book about hymen:”You may or may not have a hymen – a thin membrane along the lower edge of your vaginal opening. Whether you have one or not, I guarantee that virtually everything you were taught about the hymen is wrong… the hymen doesn’t break and stay broken forever, like some kind of freshness seal… And the size of a hymen doesn’t vary depending on whether the vagina has been penetrated. Also, it usually doesn’t bleed. ANy blood with first penetration is more likely due to general vaginal tearing from lack of lubrication than to damage to the hymen. What does change when a woman begins having the hymen stretched regularly is that it grows more flexible. And as a woman’s hormones change as she approaches the end of adolescence (around 25 y.o.!), the hymen is likely to atrophy and become much less noticeable – if it was noticeable at all…. Culture saw a “barrier” at the mouth of the vagina and decided it was a marker of “virginity” (itself a biologically meaningless idea). Such a weird idea could have been invented only in a society where women were literally property, their vaginas their most valuable real estate – a gated commmunity.”

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Aliyat, I like that quote about the hymen a lot – so much of what’s culturally propagated about the hymen is based around false misconceptions of a woman’s role in sex and how much she’s meant to enjoy it. It’s good to separate biological truths from moralistic falsehoods when we explore these aspects of our bodies.

Kanwal_k
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have just joined the forum. And have about 2 months ago been diagnosed with severe dyspareunia by a consultant on the NHS. I know i dont have dyspareunia but have symptoms of vaginimus. Ive been in a relationship for two years and had several failed attempts at sexual intercourse. I finally went to a dr who referred me to nhs gynae who removed my hymen under surgery. But this has not helped me sex is still impossible and i can only fit the smalled dialator provided by the hospital which is really uncomfortable. Im feeling very fed up and its the only thing i can think about. I read online articles on botox i was wondering if anyone could please provide me with any advice and how to go about this. Thanks

Sorry for the essay & i reside in the UK.

Megreeson
    Participant

Hi kanwal_k,

Please don’t get down about this. I completely understand your pain and it’s difficult to think that anyone actually understands you when you are going through vaginismus.

Your situation sounds very similar to mine, and my advice to you would be to stick to the dilators as much as possible – but do not force it. This will bring back precious feelings of pain and more discomfort and you will find it harder and harder to progress. Keep yourself nice and relaxed, My pyshio tells me to push to the point of slight discomfort but not pain. Pushing the dilators slightly further in when you inhale will help you because your pelvic floor muscles open when you breathe IN and not out. This really helps.

I know that botox seems like a quick fix, and to an extent it is, however you will still have to dilate afterwards and as you probably know it is costly. I had my consultation booked for July but couldn’t afford to do it. I was desperate to go because I thought it would fix all my problems and I was so disappointed when I couldn’t go through with it. Honestly, you are not alone and I’m happy to offer friendly advice if you ever need it. Don’t be disheartened by dilators, it’s a slow process as some have already said but you will make it through and any progress is progress none the less.

Good luck x

Aliyat
    Participant

Hi Kanwal_k, I would first like to say that it is already a good job that you know your diagnosis! Secondly, I really recommend a book called Come as you are, it is not about vaginismus but about female sexuality in general, which I now think every female should read. Thirdly, try to get a referral to the psychosexual counseling and physio (if you are in St Albans area you might get it quite quickly). As much as I read botox is not an ideal solution because you still need to dilate, it is overcoming your fears and tightness which is more important. There is also a very good group on Fbook where you can find ladies with similar diagnosis and tons of useful information.

Kanwal_k
    Participant

Hi Megreeson,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I think i am a little confused about the whole situation my understanding was that botox relaxes the muscles making it easier for the dilators to enter as i actually feel like there is a physical wall inside of me stopping me from pushing the dilator further inside of me. Also does the pain from dilating subside with time?

Many thanks
    Kanwal x

Kanwal_k
    Participant

Hi Aliyat,

Thanks for the advice are you able to give me the name of the group please and i will definately look into purchasing the book.

Many thanks
    Kanwal x

Thank you for the rich and honest conversation here. It’s one thing to experience pain and discomfort; adding another layer of diagnosis confusion (or absence!) creates even more frustration, certainly.

The support here is extraordinary – keep the discussion going! Sharing resources is critical to healing. Kanwal_k – do NOT give up. Your research and ability to reach out here will hopefully lead you to the treatment that is right for you.

Kanwal_k
    Participant

Hi chloe is there any chance i could get some details from you regarding the botox procedure.

Thanks

Kanwal_k
    Participant

Thank you i am trying but there are some days when even the smallest dilator fits but then some days when even that doesnt go in. Its just frustrating but im not giving up until its fixed! X

Kanwal_k
    Participant

Hi Megreeson,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I think i am a little confused about the whole situation my understanding was that botox relaxes the muscles making it easier for the dilators to enter as i actually feel like there is a physical wall inside of me stopping me from pushing the dilator further inside of me. Also does the pain from dilating subside with time?

Many thanks
    Kanwal x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.