Lifelong problem, no help

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Lifelong problem, no help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Halery
    Participant

Hello,

I joined this group, because I am seeking answers. I have tried to get help from several ob/gyn’s and haven’t really ever gotten anywhere. I am a 28 year old who has had pain with intercourse since losing my virginity. The pain is upon insertion and it feels like it is tearing me apart and hurts for several minutes.Eventually it eases, past a certain point. Tampons that are too large, exams, and intercourse are all very painful and always have been. Everything I have researched has pointed to this and I was hoping for some feedback. Thank you.

Hello Halery,

Thanks for joining the forum. I hope you can find answers to some of your questions on the forum. Participants have been writing about their experiences for years, and have really helped each other. I am not sure where you are located, but you can also give MAZE a call for a free ten minute phone consult to see if we could help you.
    Best of luck!

Sks823
    Participant

Halery,

It’s great that you found this forum, because a lot of us can understand exactly what you’re going through!

I agree it’s a good idea to give MAZE a free consultation – it may be time for you to seek treatment if you would like to be able to have pain-free intercourse. 🙂 Treatment can be in the form of using dilators of increasing size with a pelvic therapist (that’s what I did to overcome my vaginismus; I went to Maze women’s health in NYC).

If you have health insurance, maybe you can call your health insurance company or look up online – ask if they cover a pelvic floor therapist or what the copay will be. A quick google search shows a bunch of pelvic floor therapists that take a number of insurances. Googling “vaginismus treatment” in your area may also help.

Maybe this link can help: Finding a Pelvic Physical Therapist: Where Do I Even Start?
    https://www.mamaonthemend.com/blog/2016/4/26/how-to-find-a-pelvic-physical-therapist

Good luck, you can get through this and feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.