Laser treatment for vestibulodynia

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Laser treatment for vestibulodynia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tired89
    Participant

Hello. I have written on the forum before a while back and since then, I’ve been diagnosed with not only vaginismus, but provoked vestibulodynia as well. I tested positive for it with the q-tip test from 3 different doctors. The q-tip felt like a sharp, hot blade every time. I was reading about Maze now offering low level laser therapy for the treatment of vulvodynia and vestibulodynia and i wanted to know if any of you ladies here with vulvodynia have tried it and if it worked for you. Some success stories would be wonderful to read. I’ve only read about the ones regarding vaginismus. It has been a very long and depressing road since my diagnosis and my doctor has said that i might have to endure the dreaded vestibulectomy procedure (which to me seems like butchering your vagina) since I could not tolerate pelvic floor physical therapy.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Tired89. I am so, so sorry for what you are currently going through. While I haven’t had the low level laser therapy treatment, I read about the treatment offered at Maze and it sounds so, so good. I had vaginismus for several years (all of my 20s and into my 30s) and had the Botox treatment for this which helped me to overcome. I had it in 2011 with Dr. Pacik, who trained the Maze team. What was so important to me about Dr. Pacik and finding the treatment then is so, so true of Maze right now. They are an entire group of people who get it and understand what we go through having vaginismus and they also treat the condition of provoked vestibulodynia as well. I went to so many doctors in the past who didn’t get it and ended up so sad, upset and frustrated. It is so seriously awesome to find doctors who are both knowledgeable about it but also care so much about helping you overcome. Please know that I am here to support you.

Hello Tired89,

Thanks for writing on the forum. We understand how frustrating addressing vulvodynia can be. We have had good results with the laser and would be happy to speak to you about the process. Please let us know if we can help!

jen123
    Participant

Hello, i too have vestybuldynia, provoked. Wondering if the low level laser would help. I do NOT see much studies stories or clinical data on this except for maze websight and a PT place. Also looking into moma lisa but was told success for atrophy patients, not vestybuldynia.

Sks823
    Participant

Tired89 (and jen123),

I don’t have experience with vestibulodynia or the low level laser therapy, but I also quickly wanted to give my support and say that I went to Maze Women’s Health clinic for my vaginismus and used dilator physical therapy with them to overcome my vaginismus. The staff at Maze is warm, kind, understanding, and trustworthy.

I hope someone who has had low level laser therapy for their vestibulodynia reaches out to you here! If no one does, I know Maze has a free phone consultation so maybe you can discuss the procedure and any questions with them.

Good luck and we are all rooting for you!

jen123
    Participant

Hi tired, did u find the treatment helped your v pain?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.