Just diagnosed with Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Just diagnosed with Vaginismus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SavannaK98
    Participant

Hello,

I’m Savannah. I’m 25 years old, and was just diagnosed with Vaginismus. I’m a little overwhelmed because I want to have sex but physically I can’t. Like I have normal sexual drives and can only do certain things. I took this more seriously and just went to get seen. My first exam with my gyno was about impossible. However I also started pelvic floor therapy to help and counseling. I just feel very deficient and abnormal because I’m 25 and can’t even get a tampon in, let alone a penis. I’m on this journey newly so if anyone has encouragement or anything as far as tips let me know. I just want to know it’ll get better. I’m supposed to get married soon and my partner is supportive but I just hate that I deal with this.

Hi Savannah, welcome to the forum! I’m sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed, but you are in the right place. The first step is the diagnosis and knowing what is going on so that you can proceed with treatment. As you can see from this forum, there are many people who struggle with the same issues. And there are solutions. Hopefully you have found or can find a provider experienced in the treatment of vaginismus and set up a program that works for you. Do they have you working with dilators at PT?
    Just know that you are not alone. Please keep us posted with your progress and let us know if you have any questions along the way.

SavannaK98
    Participant

I haven’t been introduced to dilators but it has been brought up. I am bit nervous to introduce those, but have been researching.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.