Insurance Coverage for the Botox Treatment Program

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Insurance Coverage for the Botox Treatment Program

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. One huge factor in making the decision to have the Botox treatment is often how to pay for it. In a recent Reddit thread from a patient who was treated at Maze Women’s Sexual Health this past December, she writes:

“I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New England. I gave my insurance info to the people at Maze and they pretty much did all the work. They reached out to my insurance company, my insurance company said that I had to have a form signed by my primary care doctor and returned to them. Maze faxed my primary the paper, she signed it and faxed it back to Maze and they sent it along to my insurance company. It was super easy on my end 🙂

AND

“Yes I was considered out of network, but they covered it like an in network Doctor. They sent mine to my primary general practitioner, but she’s who does my paps anyway, so I don’t have an actual gynecologist. I think they just want you primary whoever, it’s like a referral.”

For those wanting the Botox procedure but who are worried about how to pay for it, it is definitely worth talking to Maze as, like this patient above, insurance could cover the treatment program either in full or in part.

The botox procedure is an extremely effective treatment option. Contact Maze Women’s Health if you have any questions about insurance coverage and costs. Insurance companies can be a little overwhelming, and we would be happy to help you with that.

Helen Leff, LCSW

How to pay for treatment is a real issue and dealing with insurance companies can be confusing
    and maddening. However, perseverance can often get you good results. Don’t give up and contact Maze to help you navigate.

Navigating the insurance and payment can be dizzying, and add yet another reason to give up on getting help. Don’t give up!!

Heather34
    Participant

Thank you so, so, so much for your comments Cathleen, Helen and Rachel. Just knowing that there is help out there to tackle the “I want this so bad but don’t know how can I afford it” topic is extremely important. By having this help from Maze, treatment is entirely doable!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.