Infographic on pain during sex (so depressing…)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Infographic on pain during sex (so depressing…)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Theresa
    Participant

I came accros this infographic on pain during sex in women, and it confirms what my therapist already told me: it’s a HUGE problem affecting a lot of us. I’m sharing it here.

Statistics

Heather
    Participant

Wow. I am speechless. Thank you so much for sharing this here. Women are not taught about their very unique bodies. Boys and girls are given the same, basic education about our bodies and sex but there is so much more to it than that. They teach us that the penis goes in the vagina and that’s it. There’s no education on the surrounding muscles around the vagina, or vaginismus, or WHY we might feel pain or tightness during penetrative sex. This really is sad to look at. Maybe the future will be different and this will be more discussed!

kiala2021
    Participant

This more or less corresponds with what my therapist told me. These numbers are depressing because this means a lot of women suffer in silence (or don’t have sex or are living alone, that might be an option too).

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Thanks so much for sharing, Theresa! It really is sad and rings true to me – as women we just aren’t taught or encouraged to speak up about our pain or discomfort in sexual situations. So much of our programming is around being docile and agreeable, even when we’re suffering greatly.

This article I found really eye-opening and goes more into detail about this phenomenon:

https://theweek.com/articles/749978/female-price-male-pleasure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.