Inflammation with Dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Inflammation with Dilating

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lysh29
    Participant

Hello All!

It is 17 days post-botox procedure for me and I have successfully been able to use the #5 (4 inch) glass dilator. However, for the last week I have been experiencing inflammation every other day. It doesn’t affect my dilating a lot, but it does make dilating a little more difficult because of the tightness it causes; I feel like the inflammation is slowing my dilation progress. I read on one of the forum threads that using an icepack and 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with lube can help with inflammation; it has helped but I am still experiencing the inflammation. It occurs mostly when I am at work where I am very active and walk around a lot. It causes a feeling of vaginal fullness and discomfort when walking and sitting. I am afraid that once I move up another size dilator the inflammation will occur more often and become even more uncomfortable. Has anybody else experienced this or can provide some advice or additional tips?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Lysh29! If the irritation is unrelated to when you’re dilating I’d have a doctor look at it. I was feeling some burning and pain a month or so ago and had a UTI, so it could be something like that. I would also have it looked at sooner rather than trying to dilate through it! It’s best not to create new associations between sex and pain if possible!

Sks823
    Participant

Agree with recessivegenequeen!

It probably is normal, but I don’t remember inflammation when I was using dilators so it is best to get it checked out 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.