How to Minimize Surprises

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure How to Minimize Surprises

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I’m Jen Dembo, a therapist at Maze Women’s Sexual Health. There’s often so much focus on preparing for the procedure, and surely lots of anticipation about what life will be like afterward. Did anything surprise those of you who have experienced Botox? What would you tell other women who are considering it?
    Thanks!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Jen! I’m two years out from my botox procedure and I have to say that there were a lot of surprises along the way! I think the biggest one, looking back, was that I was able to have sex 20 days after my procedure after suffering from 10 years of vaginismus. Those days felt like long, hard work when they were happening, but it’s unbelievable now how well it worked for me. I would tell anyone who’s got vaginismus who isn’t able to dilate that the botox procedure can help so much – you won’t believe how amazing it is to just feel like you’re like everyone else.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.