Hello,

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sunny85
    Participant

Hi all,I need help and don’t know where to go.
    I have been married for 5 years,and haven’t had a intercourse yet 🙁 ,I couldn’t tell my doctor.
    I had gyno exams,and they went well although I had pain.
    I never used a tampon. Recently I have been noticing that I have pain during arousal,and whenever we try to have intercourse his penis won’t go in.
    I feel embarrassed and I don’t know what to do and where to go for help.
    Can someone suggest something,and I live in Atlanta.

Thanks.

Kim
    Participant

Hey Sunny85,

You found the right place to go just by being brave enough to post here and introducing yourself. 😉 I too struggled with pain during arousal – those darn PC muscles just have a mind of their own to say the least.

Take some time to read up on all the info here on the forum and also on the regular website for Dr. Pacik, in fact – ORDER the book he wrote! It will encourage you greatly and will give you hope and direction on the next steps.

I actually live in Nashville – so you’re not alone in this journey, distance-wise or emotionally.

Hang in there.

-Kim

sunny85
    Participant

Thanks kim,it’s means a lot .
    I just have a question?
    Should I go see a gyno or a sex therapist .
    I talked to nurse about this but she couldn’t give me any information on who to see.
    Thanks a lot.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi sunny! Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I am so sorry for your struggles with vaginismus. I, too, struggled with primary vaginismus for 11+ years in the past and was cured in June of 2011 after receiving Dr. Pacik’s Botox Treatment Program. If you haven’t already contacted the office, I would very much encourage you to do so. Dr. Pacik is incredibly knowledgeable about every single aspect of vaginismus and he understands what we all have been through. He, Janet, Ellen, Cynthia and all of the staff are also all incredibly supportive and they help hundreds of women to overcome vaginismus. It always amazes me that women discover this treatment; travel from all over the world (i.e. Ireland, England, Africa, New Zealand, Australia, India, etc.); and they are cured from this condition following treatment. What you describe about your experiences of painful penetration is how I felt as well in the past while having this condition. I felt like every time my husband would try to insert himself, it was like he was hitting a brick wall and it was simply impossible to get past this and it caused excruciating pain/burning for me. The thing that surprised the both of us is after waking up from the procedure and practicing with the dilators, this wall of resistance (“the great wall” as my hubby called it) was no longer there and, thus, I no longer experienced pain or burning when inserting all of the sized dilators as well as my husband. Thereafter, by practicing with the varying sized vaginal dilators, I cannot even describe in writing how much it helped me. Physically, I did this for 2 hours per day and slept with one every other night. This allowed me to become stretched which eliminated my pain altogether. Mentally, it helped me as I became more and more confident that dilating did not hurt and also dilated for a couple of hours in advance of transitioning to pain-free intercourse. I want to share the link for the second issue of the VaginismusMD Newsletter that discusses all-things dilating. Specific topics include: Styles and Materials of Dilators, Getting Started with Dilation, Anxiety Control, Advanced Dilation Techniques, and Transitioning to Intercourse. http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-resources/vaginismus-newsletter-archive/ins-outs-vaginal-dilation/. Hope this helps and please, please know we are all here for you! Sending hugs!!!!

Kim
    Participant

Sunny85 – try finding a physical therapist in your area that specializes in pelvic floor disorders. I saw an amazing PT for quite a while and I wouldn’t have been able to take the next step with Dr. Pacik without first building my confidence enough with a great PT.

It looks like there’s a couple places that might be a good resource for you in Atlanta at:
    http://www.sportsrehabcenter.com/services/womens-health-pelvic-floor-dysfunction/
    or
    http://www.centerforfemalesexuality.com/vaginismus.php – also seems to have some options available for physical therapy, counseling ect.

Good luck!
    Kim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.