Final Dilator number 6… stuck!!!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Final Dilator number 6… stuck!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ChiChi
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m new to this forum but i felt like i really needed some support! I have been dilating for a few months now and I’m finally on the last one, which in itself is a total miracle. I have a big history of sexual abuse and was trafficked for 7 years so to even be doing this is something pretty incredible for me! 🙂 Anyway, I’ve managed to do really well on all of them and move up sizes quite quickly but the final size seems to be really hard. I can get it in but only about half way and then it just seems to hit a wall and not/can’t go any further! Trying not to get discouraged. Any advice would be massively appreciated 🙂 Thank you!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi ChiChi!I’m so sorry to hear about your past sexual experiences – it’s absolutely incerdible that you’ve overcome abuse and trafficking to seek healing for yourself, and you should be so proud of all the progress you’ve made so far. I’m so impressed at your positivity after the experiences you’ve had as well, and I think it speaks to your deep strength that you can talk about and work on these things now.

I’m not sure what set of dilators you’re using, but I always had trouble with the last one as well (anyone else who’s used the Pure Romance silicone dilator set will be familiar with the Big Pink One). Usually, though, the last dilator in a set is LARGER than almost any penis you’d encounter so that when you do have penetrative sex with a man (if that’s your goal) that the penis is actually easier to use than the dilator. The vagina is stretchy but DOES have limits, after all! Does it feel like there’s just no way it could possibly fit further once you’ve pushed it past a certain depth? If so, that might just be the natural capacity of the dilator!

Sks823
    Participant

ChiChi,

My heart is broken to hear about your horrible past experiences (honestly. beyond heartbroken.). I’m so so so glad that you’re seeking treatment for your vaginismus – I think this is a HUGE step towards healing. I’m in awe of your strength!

I agree completely with recessivegenequeen – sometimes the largest dilator in the set is…genuinely…too big to fit comfortably! No matter what you do! In the set that I used with Maze Women’s Health, they told me the largest one was probably larger than any penis, so for my maintenance dilating they suggested I just use the second largest one. 🙂

I wouldn’t worry too much. Dilate with the second largest one first and continue to try the largest one with a lot of lube… pushing it in reeeeeaaaally slowly and breathing deeply… but if you can’t get it in all the way, I really wouldn’t worry about it 🙂

Congratulations on getting this far!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.