Does anyone have Vaginismus and hemorrhoids?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Does anyone have Vaginismus and hemorrhoids?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    missa05200
    Participant

I have a lot of trouble with external hemorrhoids. My doctor told me my hemorrhoids are going into muscle spasms which is causing my pelvic floor to not relax. My gyno doctor also told me that I have vaginismus. She recommended I get botox injections. Does anyone else have hemorrhoid muscle spasms and vaginismus?
    I feel really lost right now and I need some help.

Thanks
    Melissa

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Melissa. While I have not experienced this, I found the following:

“Pelvic floor muscle tension or pain may occur in the anatomical sling of muscles which support the bladder, uterus and rectum. It can be caused by muscle imbalances, nerve or joint problems, scar tissue from surgery, childbirth, endometriosis or after radiation. Pelvic pain can also be caused by hemorrhoids, anal fissures, organ prolapse or constipation. One who suffers from pelvic floor pain/tension may experience painful intercourse, difficulty sitting, pain in the buttocks, hips, lower abdomen or low back. Imbalances in the muscles surrounding the pelvis can cause Vulvar Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Interstitial Cystitis or Vaginismus.”

I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. I suffered from primary vaginismus for 11+ years and had the Botox treatment program in 2011. This treatment worked for me when so many other things that I tried (i.e. PT, dilating alone, etc.) did not. Dr. Pacik is seriously amazing and his staff are as well and, so importantly, they not only care very much about you as the patient but they all understand what each of us goes through with vaginismus. Please know we are all here to support you. :):):)

alexxisspaull
    Participant

Yes I am having hemorrhoids and it’s been a month I am on treatment firstly I have started with home remedies but I feel that it taking lot of time to heal so I started using Neo Healar Hemorrhoid treatment. Now its been a week I feel better pain is reducing also the rashness as well

Sks823
    Participant

alexxisspaull,

Thanks for your post and advice for those who have hemorrhoids – how are things going for you now?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.