Clear Cell Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Clear Cell Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Quarter
    Participant

Hi. I had radical hysterectomy at age 50. Chemo affected my vagina as if I’d had radiation as the chemo was reduced in strength by a third after first treatment.
    I’m 58 now and still have scar tissue. I’ve been through pelvic physical therapy and it helped stretch up to a point.
    Dilating is painful and there seems to be a hard o-ring that must be scar tissue towards the tuft or end of my mama made vagina.
    I cannot take any hormone replacement due to the cancer.
    I miss our sex life. My husband has written it off because I guess for him to deal with not having sex for over eight years and possibly never, that’s how he copes.

I’m still hopeful with new technology and such.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Ideas?
    I just ordered a cooling flexible thing to dilate with.

Hi Quarter,
    There definitely are things that you can do. First, I commend you for doing pelvic floor PT and continuing with dilation. While hormonal medications may not be the right choice for you, there are other options, such as the Mona Lisa laser. You may want to look into laser therapy; many patients who do not use hormones for medical reasons are receiving benefit from the new lasers designed to treat vulvar/vaginal issues, such as the Mona Lisa.

I agree with Leslie.

If the scar tissue seems to be causing a tightness deeper in, you could also try a penis spacer, which prevents the penis from going all the way in.

Hope that helps.
    Cathleen

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Quarter, I’m so sorry to hear about all you’ve been through and am so impressed with your resiliency through your cancer and the issues you’ve had with your sex life. I hope you’ll continue to seek treatment – as someone who used to have vaginismus, there were definitely times I gave up hope and didn’t think it would ever get better, but it turned out I was wrong. Sending you good energy and hope that you have a breakthrough soon!

Sks823
    Participant

Quarter,

I’m glad that you’re hopeful and considering options/treatment – I’m hopeful for you too and VERY confident you’ll find a way to get through this issue and get your sex life back!

There definitely are new treatments & ideas you can try, and I know for sure something will work. Don’t give up hope, you’ve gotten through so much already! Stay positive and keep us updated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.