Can you feel it?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Can you feel it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annalie
    Participant

Hi there,

I tried to have sex for the first time at the age of 19. When my partner tried to penetrate me, he hit the famous ‘wall’ you often hear about. After a few months of trying and trying to have PIV sex, I went to my mum’s gyn, who diagnosed me with vaginismus. She also discovered my hymen was still intact and added I was still young and had to start using dilators first before she was doing to do anything else.

Yesterday, while inserting the third size, I felt a sudden sharp, stinging pain inside my vagina and there was also a bit of blood on the dilator. Could this have been my hymen? Are you actually able to feel it tearing or stretching? I have the feeling this small piece of tissue has so many secrets we are never told about… why??

Annalie

Heather
    Participant

Congratulations on jumping on the dilator wagon!! You got right to work, good job!! I really feel like this could be your hymen, it also could be a tear in the vaginal wall. Has it been hurting since? Can you dilate without pain after that happened? Sharp pain and blood is definitely something I’d get another check up for. You can never be too careful with your body! It also make you feel better too, peace of mind.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Great followup questions, Heather! And congrats to you on using dilators, Annalie! I agree that you should monitor for further pain, but this very well could have been your hymen tearing. Let us know how it continues to go and if you have any other questions about vaginal pain or the dilation process!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.