Burning during Dialation

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Burning during Dialation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hopeful93
    Participant

I am facing burning when I have my dialator inserted. There is no pain but an intense burn, that builds with time…it goes off when I remove the dialator. This is causing me to not able to have the dialator in for a long time at once, max I could bear was 5 min. however I’m able to reinsert multiple times, eg : insert…wait 5 min, remove due to burn and wait for the burn to go away, reinsert. Wondering if this will cause any issues an in being as effective as leaving the dialator in for a long time.

mazemelissa

I find that burning is a typical sensation for stretching the tissue and the muscles. I think your process to remove and insert multiple times will still be effective. I would predict that if you continue to do that practice, you will find eventually you can tolerate longer stretches of time with the dilator inserted. Keep it up!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.