Blog: Success Beyond Transitioning to Intercourse

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Blog: Success Beyond Transitioning to Intercourse

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new blog posted today that describes success beyond transitioning to intercourse to include having a successful gynecological exam.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/success-beyond-transitioning-to-intercourse/

This is a very important blog as it is such an accomplishment to be able to have these successful ob/gyn exams for the first time. For several of us, myself included, we have gone to countless doctors and had very, very bad experiences with clinicians who did not understand vaginismus. For me personally, I was told to “just relax”; “it’s all in your head”; and to “have a drink” and I was also misdiagnosed with vulvodynia because I couldn’t relax enough for the exam and had this fear/pain reaction to any touch. What have been your own experiences with gynecologists? I think this is a very important thread to develop a future anonymous letter to the medical community explaining our stories of what we have gone through with clinicians who did not understand vaginismus and it will be eye-opening.

It truly was one of the best feelings in the world to find Dr. Pacik and this treatment and finally have a doctor listen, care, and fully understand the condition. Post-procedure, I have been able to have several successful ob/gyn exams and tests and experience no pain whatsoever and none of the anxious feelings that I once had with exams which I never thought was possible.

I would love to hear your feedback here regarding your own experiences with ob/gyns pre-procedure and for the veterans, the difference you experienced post-procedure???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.