Advice Needed: Starting Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Advice Needed: Starting Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LaurenMW929
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    so I took the first step in getting help today! I was scheduled for my 2nd attempt at my first pap-smear. My first one was attempted before my husband and I relocated 3 states away so I was nervous about finding a doctor I trusted and felt like I could confide in this sensitive issue. Thank God I had an AMAZING doctor recommended to me and while she was not able to complete the exam due to my muscles contracting, we were able to set up tools for success. She recommended me to a physical therapist who specializes in helping women in my situation. She even set up an appointment for me this week. While I was disappointed that my body couldn’t cooperate for the exam, I am beyond encouraged that I will be getting the help my husband and I have been looking for. I would LOVE ANY ADVICE. Has anyone experienced or completed this treatment and how did it help you?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hello Lauren! Congratulations on taking those early steps, which are no question the hardest. I didn’t do pelvic floor therapy as my own vaginismus treatment, but I can tell you that I already see some of the building blocks of your eventual success in your story. Having a partner to support and cheer for you along the way makes all the difference in the world, as does a knowledgeable practitioner who is sympathetic to your pain and fear. I would also say that whatever treatment you end up doing, consistency makes such a big difference in how successful you are in the end. Keep at it and you’ll see the results you want in time!

Hello Lauren,
    Welcome to the forum! So glad to hear that your gyn recommended a pelvic floor physical therapist. It is so helpful to have someone to work with who can help guide you through the process of healing vaginismus. Please continue to post your progress on the forum; getting support along the way is so important.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.