14 long weeks..

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General 14 long weeks..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Allie
    Participant

Yep, 14 more weeks until I leave for treatment. I really hope that time flies by. (due to my hubby’s job and other conflicts we have to wait that long). I’m about to go crazy though!! I have read a lot of posts lately from you guys that will be leaving for treatment soon. I would greatly appreciate it if you could let us know how how it goes and if you have any tips for me! 🙂 Best of luck to you ladies.

…We just celebrated my beautiful niece’s 3rd birthday. I remember the day she was born. Family was all around looking at her through the glass in the nursery. I remember looking over and making eye contact with my husband. Both of our eyes full of tears. Yes, we were excited about our new niece, but we were realizing that we would never experience this. I believe that was the moment when I actually realized that vaginismus was controlling my life and that I had no future to look forward to. Now, here we are almost exactly 3 years later and my hubby and I have hope of a future that we always dreamed of!

I am so thankful for this forum. I enjoy reading everybody’s post and it is helping the time pass by!!!
    Allie:)

Heather34
    Participant

Allie, your post is so beautiful and seriously just brought tears to my eyes. Nobody else truly understands how deeply vaginismus affects your life except those who either have it or have had it in the past. My husband and I felt the exact same way for so many years and now we truly have the marriage we have always wanted and hope to start our family in the near future. This is something we could never even think of while having vaginismus and now is a real possibility. The best thing in the entire world to have is “hope” and we have that now after being cured from vaginismus and in reading the tremendous success stories of so many women who have gone on to be mothers. It’s very inspiring. I promise you that this procedure will truly be life changing for both you and your husband!!!

Blondiexo
    Participant

I got treatment last week! Im a 20 year old who had level 5 vaginismus and before treatment i had no more hope because i couldnt have intercourse with my long term boyfriend! I couldnt even use a tampon ! The thought of anything going near my vagina made me feel sick! I had no “hope”. But now just a week after treatment from Dr.pacik i have more hope than ever. I was so negative i thought nothing could cure me! But it did ! Im excited for you because its ganna be the best thing that ever happened to you ! You and your husband will have a baby. I wish you the best of luck! There all extremlly nice and caring there and you wake up with a dialtor in you its a miracle! No pain at all. My heart goes out to you and i know this treatment will work for you. Its a true miracle. Goodluck!!

Mabel1226
    Participant

I am 7 weeks post-procedure and I feel like a new person. It’s amazing that my mindset has changed so quickly from terror to almost no anxiety about vaginal penetration. The first few days will be a whirlwind of emotions. I remember getting frustrated on day 2 that I was still too scared to insert a dilator myself (my husband had to do it). Ellen and my husband gave me to courage to try with a smaller one all by myself and that moment was monumental: for the first time in my life (I’m in my early 30s) I had inserted something into my vagina. It had always been this place of terror and I had taken control. You’ll have a moment like that, too. Good luck!

Allie
    Participant

Thank you both!! Hearing encouraging stories like yall’s is what gives me hope and confidence that I can overcome this! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.