10 post treatment – progress report…

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General 10 post treatment – progress report…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    eve9
    Participant

It’s been a week and a half since my Botox treatment for level 5 primary vaginismus, and I just want to report that I’ve made great strides towards normalcy. I am 35 years old and currently single. Whereas 10 days ago I couldn’t insert a Q-tip, let alone a dilator, I’m now able to dilate with minimal to no discomfort with the pink and the blue. The blue (and largest) dilator remains a bit of a challenge, but that’s a small price to pay for feeling normal and more important, sane. Sadly, I first inquired about the treatment 3 years ago, yet opted against it, hoping that vaginismus would somehow go away on its own. It didn’t. Instead, it went on to rob me of yet another relationship, and made me feel defective and (on really bad days) doomed. Here’s hoping those days are gone. Huge thanks to Dr. Pacik and his team for their help.

Kim
    Participant

So encouraging to read as my treatment is in November! I’m so happy for you and look forward to saying the same someday soon!!!

Nakitalab
    Participant

So happy for you eve! What great news! You are on the road to being healed!

eve9
    Participant

Thank you both. 🙂 Kim – best of luck, although you won’t need it..

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Eve9. This is such a wonderful post and I’m so very happy for you!!! I, too, remember the feeling of never even being able to insert a q-tip prior to the procedure to then being able to insert the varying sized dilators post-procedure. It felt so surreal but absolutely wonderful!!!! Huge Congrats on your tremendous successes. :):):)

eve9
    Participant

This is a long-overdue update on my progress to date. It’s been 8 months since my procedure and I have been dilating with the pink and blue for the past 3 months. The pain and anxiety levels have been consistently at ~1 (aside from the occasional mild discomfort) and I only need to dilate every other day for about an hour. This was preceded by a 3-month-long (life-imposed) hiatus of no dilating at all, which thankfully did not interfere with my recovery. When I resumed dilating again 3 months later, the pain and the anxiety were surprisingly low (2-3), even as the Botox had nearly worn off. I have no fireworks to report, as I am still single, but when the time comes, you’ll be the first to know. 🙂

Again, huge thanks to Dr. Pacik — his treatment has been life-changing and I look forward to not having to dilate at all. 🙂

23years
    Participant

Congratulations. This is such a hurdle. I can relate to not going forward with treatment and feeling doomed. Sadly there are SO many women like us. The fortunate part is we both found a road, a viable road to recovery. Most don’t. The fear and anxiety and other medical professionals either ruin things for us or cause us to doubt ourselves. I’m glad you found your courage and your voice. Your voice that stood up for yourself and the big V!! See? V isn’t just for vaginismus! It can be for voice too (smile).

You deserve credit and you are strong! Keep us posted!

eve9
    Participant

Well-said, 23years! We’re very fortunate, indeed. Thanks for your insights and support. 🙂

23years
    Participant

You will always have support here my friend! We are a strong group of women. Believe it!! Imagine what we could do as a Team!? Ha ha. We could kick some ***—- but first we have to start with another part of the anatomy (wink)…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.