Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Tearing Posterior Fourchette Reply To: Tearing Posterior Fourchette

Rah
Participant

Hi Guys just to give you an update.

I’ve had 3 Prp injections 6 weeks apart. I feel it really helped the skin, the only hiccup was I not so wisely had sex, and so I actually tore it a bit. I went on to have the third injection anyways. I feel a bit annoyed at myself that I didn’t protect this phase, but i am human. It wasn’t for that long but it was too soon.

It’s still not completely healed yet but very nearly. I’ve started doing daily perineal massage over the scar for 5 mins with sweet almond oil (as high vit e). This is what was advised by my physio. And then I will start dilators again.

The lady was super lovely and was a cosmetic GP, she actually gave me the 3rd injection half price. So I got 3 injections for $2500 nzd. The first one she injected it into the scar and near the scar on the perineum and also into the glands that help with lubrication (which is the anterior wall). The second 2 I opted for all 7mls to be injected straight into the scar. No bleeding afterwards slightly sensitive but fine. I have to drive 4 hours to get it so able to sit etc.

She suggested then you can have top up ones 6mths to yearly.
I think i am considering having another one. But financial constraints are likely to limit me potentially.

Any of you guys opted for it?

I am doing daily kegels and pelvic release yoga poses.

Happy to hear anything updates from you guys.

I think its helped the skin maybe 30 percent. Maybe more I don’t know yet as just started the stretching. And also i had a fairly fresh tear. However she was of the opinion a fresh tear was fine as it speeds up the healing process.