Your progress is unique to you

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Your progress is unique to you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In a prior post, one of Dr. P’s treated patients shared her tremendous success story and also wrote “I had my moments of worry, doubt and self-blame – but just remember that your progress is unique to you and don’t put too much pressure on yourself to follow a timeline.” I think this statement is so, so important. It is often so easy to compare ourselves to others and I really think that it’s so important to be self-aware when you find yourself doing this and to then remind yourself of just how much you have accomplished thus far and, again, how your progress with all the steps (i.e. dilating, transitioning to intercourse, becoming pregnant, etc.) truly is unique to you. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments here ladies.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

It is so important to be aware of this concept. When three patients are treated the same day, we start with different degrees of severity of the vaginismus and different levels of anxiety. Each then follows along a different course. Some sail through with the large dilators, others struggle. Some achieve early intercourse others take longer. This is all emphasized during the counseling sessions so no one feels left behind. It is the final victory of overcoming lifelong vaginismus that counts.

This is an important area for treated patients to post so others can understand the varied progress women make after treatment. It is all part of the big picture of the community supporting one another, so that here too, no one feels like a “freak” and no one ever feels the torment of feeling isolated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.