When Sex Seems Impossible: Stories of Vaginismus & How You Can Achieve Intimacy

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids When Sex Seems Impossible: Stories of Vaginismus & How You Can Achieve Intimacy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. There is an excellent new blog posted that discusses Dr. Pacik’s book: When Sex Seems Impossible: Stories of Vaginismus & How You Can Achieve Intimacy.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/when-sex-seems-impossible-stories-of-vaginismus-how-you-can-achieve-intimacy/

“Hundreds of women have read this book over the past two years and many have told me that they could not put the book down once they started reading it because they felt as if they were reading “their own personal story”. Many of them have always felt like a “freak” and now they knew they were not alone and the only one suffering from this condition. This book gave them new hope for a happy, healthy life that was free of pain from penetration or intercourse.”

This book was very important to my husband and I to read because in reading the very personal stories, for the first time, we felt like there were other people out there who had vaginismus too and we weren’t the only ones. We also found it to be an excellent learning tool about the condition itself and the different severity levels. It further gave us a clear understanding of the procedure and aftercare as well as the caring and compassion of Dr. Pacik and his staff.

We further enjoyed the illustrations of the book as well. I never knew the meaning behind them, however, until reading the blog and found this very enjoyable to read:

“The five black and white illustrations scattered across the book mark the journey of healing. A flower is the sexual organ of a plant. The slow blooming of the flower woman in the illustrations is a metaphor for emotional opening and blossoming sexuality.”

I encourage your comments here ladies.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.