What’s It Like on the Other Side of Treatment?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories What’s It Like on the Other Side of Treatment?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I truly hope this finds you all hanging in!

For those of you who successfully treated your vaginismus at least one year ago: I’m curious to know how you are doing. We’d love to hear from you, whether it’s been entirely smooth sailing or you’ve encountered some stormy seas.

Thanks as always for being a Forum member!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Jennifer! I had my botox treatment for vaginismus at Maze in September of 2016, so I’m about 4.5 years out from it. The treatment had an amazing effect and long-term has completely repaired the connection between my brain and body and my understanding that I CAN be penetrated, so that inability has been gone basically since I was able to achieve pain-free penetration. There has definitely been the occasional issue over the years – having a new partner who was bigger than the man I first learned to have sex with, for example. I’ve also had a frustrating experience transitioning to not using condoms where I have a sensitivity to my partner’s sperm that sometimes causes stinging pain when we haven’t had sex in awhile, but dealing with vaginismus has taught me resilience and I know I can figure out workable solutions in time. I don’t think any woman’s journey sexually is always smooth sailing, but having to overcome something so big teaches you what you’re capable of!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.