What to do if your procedure day with during your period?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus What to do if your procedure day with during your period?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HS
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

My wife Sumaia is going to have treatment next week and that is the time when her circle probably starts. I would love to hear other patients’ experiences with such a case, did anyone took some pills or tablets to delay her circle? or did have treatment during the period? How was it? Any suggestions?

Also, it would be very helpful if someone shares me her experience with dilating (during the circle) few days after the procedure day?

Thanks in advance..

Haitham

Heather34
    Participant

Hi HS. First, I am so, so excited for you to be making the journey to Manchester, NH next week and I KNOW this procedure is going to go so, so well for you and be truly life-changing. I am well over a year post-procedure and my husband and I could not be happier. I went from never being able to even insert a q-tip without excruciating pain/fear/blocked feeling to being able to have pain-free intercourse with my husband within 1 week of my procedure. It has absolutely changed our life. As far as having the procedure while on one’s period, Dr. Pacik has treated many patients who also started their period during this time.

He writes:

“The anxiety of the treatment sometimes causes a woman to have an unexpectedly early period and we have had patients who started their period during the Botox treatment. This has not been a problem.”

Concerning the dilation in the office and in the first few days post-procedure and while in Manchester, Dr. Pacik and his staff have treated other patients and have instructed them while they also had their period. I was so nervous about the concept of dilating pre-procedure and could never envision successfully doing this as I wrote above that I had never had any form of successful and pain-free insertion. I couldn’t have been more wrong and was able to do this very successfully, as your wife will be able to as well. What happened, is immediately post-procedure, I woke up with the blue (pure romance) dilator in place and for the first time, I realized that I wasn’t broken and could have something inside of me pain-free. Thereafter, I practiced removing the dilators of all sizes and reinserting them. With this, Dr. Pacik and his staff instruct you on using a surgilube/lidocaine mixture for lubrication and this makes insertion and removal of the dilators that much easier. As time passed, I also noticed that this blocked feeling that I had always had whenever I attempted any forms of insertion had also disappeared which made all insertion pain-free. It truly is eye-opening and amazing to experience and I can’t stress enough how well your wife is going to do with her own procedure. I can’t wait to read more of your posts and I want to wish you a wonderful trip up to Manchester next week.

lesoc
    Participant

I stack my birth control so that I start a new pack as soon as I run out of ‘active’ pills, which I did for my appt November – however, my body had other ideas and I started my period anyway. It really shouldn’t interfere with anything, it’s just a bit messy. They will have stuff at the office for you, and if you need any feminine products, there’s a drugstore nearby and in general pads/tampons are readily available in most stores.

HS
    Participant

Thanks Heather & Iesoc for all the information provided.. Few days remaining to our flight ..

Looking forward to it ..

mmbayles91
    Participant

It won’t be a problem, I was just ending mine as I was getting ready for my procedure, but you bleed from the procedure (at least I did) so there shouldn’t be any difference.

Good luck with the procedure 🙂

HS
    Participant

Thanks Mmbayles,

My wife and I have just arrived to Manchester, we had a very nice and quiet night.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi HS. Welcome to Manchester and the USA. I am so, so excited for you guys and KNOW the procedure is going to go so well!!! Can’t wait to read more of your posts!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.