Vaginismus Research Survey

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Vaginismus Research Survey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hereisnowhy
    Participant

Hi fellow V patients,

I came across a research survey on painful intercourse and I wanted to share it with you in case you are interested in participating. I just finished the survey and although it was long (took maybe about an hour, but you can save your answers and return to it later), you have the chance to get compensated for $10, participate in much needed research, and think more deeply about your own personal journey with vaginismus. I enjoyed the survey. Here is the link: https://surveys.psyc.queensu.ca/Checkbox/VPAQ.aspx

And here is some more information on it:

“I’m a Canadian researcher who works with women experiencing chronic genital pain, often during sexual intercourse. This pain goes by many names, including vulvodynia, vulvar vestibulitis syndrome, generalized vulvodynia, and provoked vestibulodynia. Such pain is also commonly experienced by those with vaginismus. Even though millions are suffering from this pain condition, countless women have great difficulty getting their pain condition recognized and diagnosed.
    Our research group wants to change that, and we need your help. We are currently recruiting participants for a paid online study on women’s health and chronic genital pain. The purpose of this study is to develop a questionnaire (the Vulvar Pain Assessment Questionnaire) that will help health care professionals assess symptoms of chronic vulvar pain.
    The study involves answering an extensive list of questions, so that we can fully investigate the nature of this pain. The questions cover topics such as sociodemographics, gynecological and pain history, pain characteristics, the impact of pain, sexuality, and mental health. The questions are spread over two parts, each taking ~30 minutes.
    All of the questions are completed online, and all women over the age of 18 are eligible to participate so long as they are fluent in English (reading and writing), have access to the Internet, and currently experience chronic genital pain. This study is completely confidential, and has been approved by our university ethics board.”

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Caroline Pukall is the director of the study and is well known in the field. Her CV can be read by linking to:

I would encourage many of you to participate in this study. We must get vaginismus more well known. By publishing studies like this more clinicians will become aware of this problem and hopefully someday vaginismus will be taught to all medical students and residents.

I would encourage others who participate to post your thoughts. Thank you for posting this important study.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.