Vaginismus Post-Procedure

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Vaginismus Post-Procedure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Ok ladies, you’ve received treatment for vaginismus with Dr. Pacik and can now have intercourse. CONGRATULATIONS. Now, here is the place to talk about all aspects of life after vaginismus. What does a healthy sex life entail? What are good beginning positions? What is your partner’s response to you after the procedure? Is therapy necessary after the procedure? For those trying to conceive, what steps have you taken post-procedure?

silverperl
    Participant

The best positions I’ve found are either on your stomach with pillows under you or with me on top. I think my husband was just nervous about hurting me after the procedure. He got over it fairly quickly and now sex is much less “going through the motions” than at the beginning. We are currently trying to conceive and the only think I did was do a pre-conception visit with my O.B. and email Dr. Pacik to see if there was anything I needed a heads up about.

Heather34
    Participant

@Silverperl, thank you for your post and these are excellent suggestions. You wrote “I think my husband was just nervous about hurting me after the procedure … he got over it fairly quickly and now sex is much less ‘going through the motions’ than at the beginning.” I think this is so, so common with our partners post-procedure. For my hubby and I, this is all he knew pre-procedure and we had to both get used to no pain whatsoever post-procedure. In the beginning, it felt very robotic and slowly became very, very enjoyable. Our favorite position now is from behind and, again, this doesn’t cause pain which is the most important thing to me. You also wrote “we are currently trying to conceive.” Best of luck to you with trying to conceive and the ob/gyn pre-conception visit was a great idea.

Diana
    Participant

Hi girls! For us, the position that has worked the best is with me being on top. Sex is totally painless and enjoyable, this seemed impossible for us just 5 months ago! Nick and have been trying to conceive for a couple of months now and I plan to visit my OB/GYN in March for a check-up and my annual exam, this has me a bit nervous but I know I’ll do fine! I am also taking pre-natal vitamins to prepare my body in case we are lucky enough to conceive this year. Thankfully, we haven’t needed post-procedure sexual therapy. Sex was a bit mechanical at the beginning and it comes more natural after every time, we are looking forward to the day we don’t have to dilate prior to making love. I am learning that a healthy sexual life involves a lot of communication and understanding of your partner’s needs, I am grateful that Nick has been so supportive since the very beggining and I feel very lucky to be able to share my sexuality with him!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Diana! This was a great post to read. I, too, was nervous about my first gynecological exam post-procedure and it ended up going very, very well. I would suggest dilating for a while prior just to maximize your comfort. This, too, will feel like another amazing accomplishment post-procedure. And, the sex for us was also so mechanical in the beginning. Now, several months later, it has become wonderful and something we both look forward to. I find the most comfortable and enjoyable position to be from behind (doggy-style). For those transitioning, this could also be a position to try as it works very well. And, I 100% agree with you that communication is key – it’s a discovery process to find what the two of you really enjoy! Very fun and I’m just glad that we have the opportunity to do this now after so many years of waiting.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. This is a very popular thread in Vaginismus Post-Procedure. For the patients who have recently been treated, what are your thoughts about these questions: What does a healthy sex life entail? What are good beginning positions? What is your partner’s response to you after the procedure? Is therapy necessary after the procedure? For those trying to conceive, what steps have you taken post-procedure?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.