Vaginismus on Private Practice and Tyra Banks

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Vaginismus on Private Practice and Tyra Banks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In a recent post, one of our Forum members mentioned seeing the condition of vaginismus discussed on the show Private Practice and later in the Tyra Banks show. I think this is so important and, just like the Cosmopolitan article, is another excellent avenue for advocacy and spreading the word to all about this condition. Most recently, in 2013, Dr. Pacik was feature in Dr. Oz’s new online magazine, YouBeauty, and vaginismus was finally discussed in addition to this important treatment program. As this is so recent in 2013, I think it would be such a good idea to e-mail, mail, fax, scan, or do any other means of sharing our story that we can all think of with the producers of Dr. Oz. If more and more women do this and speak up, there is a real possibility that he will do a segment on the condition of vaginismus and also note the use of Botox as a treatment method with the evidence that it works in terms of success stories. For any new Forum members who may be reading this category of the Forum for the first time, do you have any additional ideas for advocacy and thinking of ways to spread the word about this condition so no other women has to suffer in silence and isolation with it??? Any feedback here would be so very helpful.

Becca
    Participant

I don’t really have any ideas about how to go about doing that, but I agree there definitely needs to be more awareness and less shame surrounding this. That would be great if we could convince Dr. Oz to do a show on it!

Leena
    Participant

Hi, Heather. Just wanted to provide links to the Private Practice and Tyra Banks episodes re: vaginismus in case anyone is interested. These are the first things that let me know I wasn’t alone in all of this. Though I still felt pretty alone until I found Dr. Pacik’s website and this forum. I’m beyond grateful.

Private Practice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TblKCfrb0
    Tyra Banks Show Show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhakQJiibc&list=PLF083E6F25C9CE893

Becca
    Participant

Thanks Michele! I hadn’t actually seen either of these, so I will definitely watch them.

Heather34
    Participant

This is excellent Michele. Thank you for sharing the links. I’ve heard that it has also been discussed an TLC – Strange Sex and MTV – True Life – I can’t have sex. In both of these shows, Botox for the treatment of vaginismus wasn’t discussed in any form at all which is a shame. I feel like I could’ve tried and tried at Physical Therapy for years as I couldn’t insert the required dilators for stretching. However, with Dr. Pacik’s procedure, I was able to overcome as I woke up from the procedure with the dilator inside and I was then able to use the dilators for stretching b/c I didn’t hit the normal wall of resistance and they were able to go right in. I absolutely believe that some show (i.e. Doctors, Dr. Oz, etc.) should cover both vaginismus and this treatment and let so many other women out there know a) what they have and b) that there is a treatment method that works as the cure for this condition.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.