vaginismus …need help

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories vaginismus …need help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lorift
    Participant

Thank you so much for this opportunity

I have vaginismus
    I found out about it when I got married and it took us 1 year to find the doctor will accept to give a sugery to lose my virginity because at first we thought it is because I have very thick hymen.. I had it after 1 year of marriage and yes the doctor said I have a thick hymen

When we tried to have sex, we couldn’t do the intercourse… it took us 3 months to find the doctor that knows what’s wrong with me

I am using the dilators and I have 3 sizes left
    I stopped many times but now I decided to continue no matter what

Can you share the dilation schedule you were following

And for you how many days/weeks to move from size to another

Thanks

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Lorift! Congratulations on getting help and starting to dilate! I have dilated in the past after getting the botox procedure, which speeds up the timeline, but I’ve also read quite a lot about the regular rhythm of it.

A lot of people would tell you that the best schedule for dilating is to do it every day, even if it’s just for a few minutes. It gets your body really used to having something inside of you and gives the muscles consistent opportunities to stretch out. I think on larger sizes of dilators it’s normal to work with one size for a week or so (and during that time getting increasingly good at putting in and taking out the dilator and wiggling it around inside you). Once you feel pretty comfortable and confident with that size, you can start a new session with the size you’re comfortable with and move up to the new one of a bigger size and repeat the same process until you reach the largest size!

Even if you can’t dilate every day, frequency can really help as it also (in my opinion) makes it easier to notice that there will be good days and bad days even as you make progress, so it’s important to keep going even after a less successful session.

You’ve already made a lot of progress and I’m excited for you to make more! Let us know if you have any other issues!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.