Vaginismus Is Controlling My Life

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Vaginismus Is Controlling My Life

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

Hi my name is Sarah and I’m 28 years old. Never been sexually active or have been able to do a pap smear. I recently started studying Vaginismus and it sounds an awful lot like my problem. I went to my doctor recently and he recommended I try dilators. The thought freaked me out but I was willing to try anything. I’ve had them for almost 2 weeks and can’t even get the starter one inserted. 😞 I’m so distressed and keep trying but nothing’s working. I was able to insert a tampon the other day successfully so I guess that was a win. Any tips with the dilators? I’ve tried different positions, lubricant, relaxing and it’s just frustrating me! I’ve always steered away from relationships and intimacy because of fear of penetration. I just want to be normal! Help! 😩

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Sarah – welcome to the forums, and I’m so sorry you haven’t had luck with the dilators yet. I was never able to use them on my own and ended up needing to get the botox procedure at Maze to help. You might seriously consider giving them a call at 914-328-3700 for a free consultation or filling out the form at the bottom of this page – it’s free and you can discuss whether this might be an option for you.

How big is the smallest dilator in your kit? Being able to insert a tampon is definitely a start, and my dilator kit had a dilator that was definitely smaller than a tampon so maybe the smallest size is just too big? When you’re new it’s best to work with a TINY one and a lot of sets (like the kit from Pure Romance) have slim ones to start.

Sarah
    Participant

I would love to go see them but they’re pretty far from me unfortunately. ☹️ The smallest dilator I have is only 15mm and they’re plastic. I just ordered one from a different company (Intimate Rose) that is slightly smaller (0.45”) and it’s silicone so I’m hoping that’ll maybe make a difference. I just keep getting so discouraged with it all!

mazemelissa

The intimate rose dilators are a good set.

Maze offers a distance dilation guidance program, you sound like a good candidate if you can’t get in to see us in person.

Sometimes you just need someone guiding you along to get those first dilators in.

Give us a call for more information about the program.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I want to second what Melissa said – you would be surprised how much it helps just to have someone as a resource for your questions throughout the dilation process who’s keeping you accountable and to a schedule.

How are the intimate rose dilators working for you? I hope you have a lot of success with them! Let us know if you have questions!

Sarah
    Participant

Thanks for the advice guys! I ordered the Intimate Rose dilators and I’ve had success! I’m moving onto size 4 so I’m so happy! Thanks again! ❤️

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

That’s amazing, Sarah! How has it been going since? Hope you’re well!

Sks823
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

CONGRATS on the progress!!! Glad you’re finding some dilators that work well for you 🙂 keep us updated on your progress and successes!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.