Vaginal Itching and Burning

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Vaginal Itching and Burning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    apaul12
    Participant

I had botox and hymenotomy procedure on 20th December in London. I was able to proceed to the size 5 of the Inspire Silicone dilators within a month and was also able to have intercourse finally on 26th January. I perform dilation regularly for 1.5 hours using size 4 and 5 of Inspire Silicone dilators followed by penetrative sex. But, lately I have been experiencing vaginal itching throughout the day and also some burning when I try inserting dilators or try having intercourse. Is this normal? Has anyone experienced something similar? Could it be related to vaginal infection or over dilation? Please help

Congratulations on your success with the dilators!
    It sounds like you could possibly have a yeast infection. I would follow up with your gyn to confirm and he/she could prescribe an antifungal if that is the case.
    Yeast infections are very common, they can cause a lot of itching and irritation, and also a thick white discharge.
    Hope that helps.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Congrats on your dilator success! That is HUGE!

I defer to Cathleen on the yeast infection since she’s a doctor, BUT if there’s pain when peeing or you need to pee a lot it could also be a UTI. Worth getting checked out either way!

apaul12
    Participant

Thanks all! I was regularly dilating followed by penetrative sex which may have caused it. I gave it a break during my periods and it simply went away.

Regards.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Glad to hear it! Hope it stays away!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.