Urge to go urinating often after increasing dilation frequency.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Urge to go urinating often after increasing dilation frequency.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    socialjazz
    Participant

Recently, my wife has begin to sleep with dilator (alternate days) and increase dilation frequency from 1 hour to 2 hours on alternate days. Recently she developed this urge to urinate frequently. I think this has to do with the increased rate of dilation.
    Anyone has any insight to this problem?

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Dilation can cause urethral pressure which may give the feeling of urinary urgency. A urinary tract infection should also be considered which could be checked by your doctor. Any thoughts from the others?

Becca
    Participant

Yeah, I agree with Dr. Pacik on both counts. I would definitely get checked for a urinary tract infection, I never had any problems with these until after my procedure and more things were going in and out of my body. 🙂 It’s super fast and easy to get checked for and a quick round of antibiotics clears it up. 🙂 At least to get that ruled out would be a good thing.

Reva94
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to this forum. I was unable to have intercourse until a GYN prescribed Lidocaine HC, an anaesthetic gel. I had intercourse twice in one day with it quite easily, though of course there was little or no sensation for me. About 36 hours afterward, I woke up in the middle of the night with a burning pain in the urethra and had to rush to urinate. Urination was so painful that I almost dialed the hospital. But after sitting in the loo for an hour and stretching the urethral opening I felt better. It ha been 2 days since the incident and now I feel the need to urinate every 1 hour (even if it is just a little bit!) and there is a very mild wet, burning sensation in the urethra. My vagina feels fine. Haven’t used the gel or had any form of penetration since the succesful attempt. Do I need to see a doctor?

mmHeather34

Hi Reva94. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I’m not a doctor or medical professional of any kind but, as a friend and fellow forum member, I would definitely recommend visiting a doctor. I’ve had urinary tract infections (UTIs) in the past that presented with similar symptoms. Please know we are all here for you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.