Update – Day 3!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Update – Day 3!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Firenze13
    Participant

I just got home from New Hampshire last night and I’m sitting here relaxing and dilating with no pain. The past few days are a blur and I can’t believe I actually did it!

Dr. Pacik and his team were great, especially since I started crying almost immediately when I got to the office. I remember saying afterward that I wish I could go back and tell myself to calm down because the procedure was over before I knew it and I really had minimal pain (just slight soreness later in the day).

On Day 3, I’ve already made more progress than I did in over 2 years of PT. Just a week ago, it took me forever just to get the 3rd dilator in (I had a set of 7, so that was one of the smaller ones), and now I can get pink in almost immediately! I wish I had made the decision to do this earlier, but at least I got up the courage to do it now.

I’m having trouble getting back up to blue (the largest dilator). I’m trying not to get frustrated and just adjust my dilating until I can do it. Right now, I’m sitting with pink in even longer, hoping that might help. I dilated with pink for an hour and a half this morning before trying blue. I did kegels and breathing and I was able to get it in about 3/4 of the way, but just couldn’t get that last bit. Any tips on making progress with blue would be appreciated 🙂 Thanks everyone! I’ll continue to update!

Nakitalab
    Participant

I have tears of joy in my eyes right now Firenze13! I’m so thrilled and happy for you! Isn’t it just amazing?! Every day, every time that you use the dilators it will get easier I promise. Congratulations! I’m sending you a virtual hug!

Allie
    Participant

I am just SO SO happy for you! Just like Nakitalab said it definitely does get easier!! I responded to your email and explained what helped me progress back up to the blue. You are doing amazing! 🙂

Firenze13
    Participant

Thanks so much Allie!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Ferenze! Huge Congrats on having your procedure and I am smiling so huge right now after reading your post! What tremendous success in such a short amount of time! This is just wonderful! As far as dilating with blue, what always helped me in the very beginning was to dilate for a full hour in advance with Ms. Pink. However, Dr. Pacik has said in several of his posts that several patients have complete and total success with intercourse from just dilating consistently with pink! You are doing so, so great and I am very proud of you! Keep up the great work and I can’t wait to read more of your posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.